Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

On the 3rd Day of Christmas - Trifold card

Today is the 3rd day of Christmas and our project is a Trifold Card, to go along with our continuing Twelve days of Crafting Christmas song:
On the THIRD day of Christmas, my crafter made for me,
A THREE-fold Christmas CARD (those 2 Christmas cards, and that pretty Christmas
ornament to hang)… .
 

What a great incentive to finally move these few things that have been sitting on my desk, waiting for a bit of creativity to hit me.  I have no idea where I got them from - but I am sure they came from our scrapbook group in a pif or a swap.

This is the final card - a trifold card.  The top opens up UNDER the crackled background and license plate - which reads WISCONSIN - Fishn!  I have a brother who has a birthday in January and he just loves to fish.  Being single he has the time and he's always eager to call me and report the catch.  He'll love this for a birthday surprise!
 Here you can see the interior.  With the license plate and the background papers, I also had a stash of camo ribbon and this wonderful burlap colored writing paper - perfect for that all important note to him.

Here I have laid my scissors on the bottom 1/3 flap so you can see how that works.  I do hope you have a bit of time to try a trifold card.  They come in many methods - basically take a 6x12 sheet of cardstock and instead of folding in 1/2 - you will fold down 1/4 and fold up 1/4 leaving the interior a 6x6 surface. 

I now have my ornament, 2 Christmas cards, and a Trifold Card.  What will happen tomorrow?

2 comments:

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!